Monday, April 19, 2010

Sharing a letter to owner of the Ugly Mug in Orange, CA.

Dear Phil,
A few years back, I went to one of the Wednesday poetry readings--something I did for about four years' worth.

I was upset with Steve, the co-host and you reprimanded me for it outside.
I was rude to you and said a couple of four-letter words in anger.

You told me to never come back.
I'm really sorry to have treated a hard-working person
like you with no respect at all. And I've not been back since.

Can I please ask you to forgive me
so I could come back to see
the Wednesday poetry readings again?
Am over fifty now
and have much better manners
and impulse control than I used to.
Please write back and let me know
if this is acceptable to you.

Sincerely,
Terry McCarty

No comments:

Post a Comment