Monday, September 27, 2010

Contestant Seth Caro of TOP CHEF: JUST DESSERTS--more reality TV theater of cruelty.

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/blog/2010/09/24/top-chef-just-desserts-who-is-seth-caro/
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dailydish/2010/09/top-chef-just-desserts-raising-the-bar-for-pasty-chefs.html#comments

I'll let the LOS ANGELES TIMES commenters (names deleted) speak for themselves (with highlighting by me):

I feel that Seth emotional state is so fragile that he should have been sent home. I hope they are not keeping him on the show just to boost ratings. He need professional help
I think that Seth's talented but after last night, he's got to get it together and at least be nicer to his fellow contestants. His mother's health problems are serious but if he really wants to win, he needs to step up to the plate and change his attitude. I thought he should have been sent home, both because of his horrible behavior and bad dessert. God help us if he keeps acting this way.
First, I want to point out that the crybaby is not one of the gay men on the show, and that last week, the other "heterosexual man" Morgan acted like a five-year old during the judging. Seth, unfortunately, is way beyond the categories we have usually put Top Chef contestants in. His problems are in Real Housewife territory -- Kelly Bensimon crazy, for instance. At this point, I don't think Seth is there for his "talent" but for his meltdown potential, and I haven't decided whether this is a good thing for the show or an immense distraction for the usual plot arc.
If the judges have any sense, he'll be gone next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment