Thursday, July 28, 2011

My blog is going....on late-summer vacation.

There's a finite number of times one can write about current events, corporate pop culture, hyped-up political theater (as in the debt ceiling melodrama) and--especially--the comedy-and-sometimes-tragedy of manners re "the poetry community" (and how poetry behavior sometimes mimics what one sees with dismay in the everyday world).

So I don't use my finite number up too quickly, I'm taking some time off from blogging.

But I plan to return later in August--refreshed, rejuvenated and recharged.

Meanwhile, I hope those of you reading this entry will go (at least occasionally) to poetry readings and buy books from independent stores/online retailers/last brick-and-mortar-chain standing Barnes and Noble.

The world can be a better, more harmonious place in so many ways--if we want it enough to put excessive self-centeredness on hold.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about parts of the Southern California poetry "community." I'm fairly "new" to the scene, but I've had quite an amount of success in the larger world of poetry. More than most of those on the scene. The buddy-buddy nature of the cliques is grotesque. Talent doesn't matter as much as friendship. The same people feature at the same venues and they read the same poems. These folks don't see the world of poetry extends beyond LA and OC. Just ridiculous. Carry on...

    ReplyDelete