Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New poem: SELF DEPORTATION

(thanks to Mitt for the title)

gonna leave the nation of hate




before it sends a 30-day notice



in the mail asking me



WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON?



ARE YOU WITH US OR THEM?



>



to be honest,



I'm with THEM



because they see



stars and rainbows



and cats and dogs



and men and men



and women and women



and men and women



all living together



not caring about what US say



>



gonna leave the nation of conditional love



(which isn't real love at all)



before the demagnetizer



enters my brain



and erases memories



of all those times



I didn't have to guess



what other people felt and thought--



I just knew



and they knew



I cared



no matter what



>



you can reach me on the other side



anytime you want



I'll throw you a tin can



with a long string



over the fence



so we can listen to each other speak



and be certain that



no one else is listening



to us



but us alone



.

No comments:

Post a Comment