Sunday, July 15, 2012

Had a good poetry week.

Happy to report that I had a not-bad-actually-good week where poetry is concerned.  Received a good review for my latest chapbook INTERLOPER; the book was not submitted for review and the reviewer is a person who I've had occasional differences with in the past--but on other occasions, she's been supportive with good comments/advice and I'm glad to have received a review that didn't question why I write poetry: http://alkhemiapoetica.blogspot.com/2012/07/terry-mccartys-interloper-new-poems.html

Also, I took part in the Last Bookstore's SPARRING WITH BEATNIK GHOSTS reading earlier today.  The reading series takes place periodically in Northern and Southern California and is organized by Daniel Yaryan; today's host was Mike Sonksen, best known to the SoCal poetry community by his moniker Mike The Poet.

Frank Mundo wrote an article in advance of today's Spar:
http://www.examiner.com/article/sparring-with-beatnik-ghosts

Hoping more good weeks in poetry are ahead of me--and will put in time and work to make them possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment