Friday, August 3, 2012

An open letter to poet/musician Matthew Mars aka Matthew Niblock.

Dear Matthew, A famous quote attributed to you is "I hate bad art.". Recently on the Facebook wall of  G. Murray Thomas (poet and NEXT... founder), you made a remark about how my poetry doesn't qualify (in your assumed opinion).  Though we don't really know each other, I've seen a couple of your features (one in Laguna Beach, one in Hollywood) during the period when you were most active in L.A. poetry.  I know a little of your work, and you have talent--but I'm curious as to whether or not you've read enough of my poems between 1998 and this year for you to pass an open-and-shut verdict on my work.  Really, I don't care if you don't like me personally.  But I'm offering you the opportunity to use this blog's comment section to tell me (and other readers) exactly what you think about my poetry.  And please offer quotations of lines/verses where necessary.  Awaiting your response--which will stand without any further reply from me.  Sincerely, Terry McCarty

No comments:

Post a Comment