Wednesday, March 6, 2013

NEW YORK magazine blog commenter on Rand Paul's anti-drone filibuster.

I can't believe I'm about to type this, but I'm with Rand Paul on this one. I don't understand why more people aren't skeeved out about the administration's inability to unequivocally state that drone strikes won't be used on U.S. soil against U.S. citizens? At the risk of sounding like a paranoid nutjob, I know that it's naive to think that any of us aren't under greater surveillance and scrutiny than we realize and that the system isn't stacked against all but the wealthiest and most powerful among us, but still... I find cold comfort in people like Eric Holder saying that he really, truly, almost definitely, probably, maybe won't plunk you into oblivion with an RC model plane with a missile attached. So yeah, if I have to align myself with the Junior Whackjob from the State of Kentucky once in a while, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment