Thursday, November 15, 2007

Yes, it's true: this silly question was asked at the Democratic Pres. Debate in Vegas.

I watched about two minutes of the replay of the Democratic Presidential candidate debate on CNN last night.  I turned it off when a female UNLV student asked Hillary Clinton a "fun question" about whether she preferred diamonds or pearls.

Hillary wanted both. 

Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist, but it seemed like another planted question (from the Hillary campaign) to me.

And a really vapid planted question at that.

UPDATE:

Here's a link to an ATLANTIC MONTHLY blog which explains a bit more about the "diamonds or pearls" issue (thanks to HOLLYWOOD ELSEWHERE for alerting me to its existence).

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/11/diamond_v_pearl_student_blasts_1.php

No comments:

Post a Comment