1. Rob Sheffield, the ROLLING STONE in-house media cheerleader who apparently devised the concept for this list, loves anointing anything with "buzz" as much as Peter Travers.
2. There's a fair number of series that should have asterisks for running far too long (THE SIMPSONS, ALL IN THE FAMILY, HOMELAND, HAPPY DAYS, SOUTH PARK, MASH), ultimately diluting the artistic/entertainment merits they began with.
3. Like Bill Maher or not, his earlier series POLITICALLY INCORRECT (which helped to make THE DAILY SHOW and THE COLBERT REPORT possible) deserves more recognition than REAL TIME.
4. Count the number of recent cable or online series on the list vs. network product (including Amazon'/s TRANSPARENT--this generation's equal to the early, excellent, seasons of ALL IN THE FAMILY.
5. I'd probably swap MST3K and BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD for SCTV and KING OF THE HILL.
6. Where's COMMUNITY?