Thursday, March 12, 2009

And now for some comic relief from Katy Perry.

Attractive-but-supershallow Top 40 hitmaker/co-savior of EMI (along with Coldplay) Katy Perry recently did a look-at-me-in-undies photo shoot for ESQUIRE and uttered this very unintentionally funny overassessment of her future career prospects and the current media:
"I'd like to say I'd like to be as big as a Gwen or a Madonna, but I think those days of achieving that level are over. The media is bringing everybody down."
[in response to the ESQUIRE interviewer asking Ms. Perry if she wants to be as big a star as Gwen Stefani or Madonna]

Being visually-appealing-but-molded-from-soulless-plastic will only take one so far. I'll make an easy guess that Lily Allen will outpace Ms. Perry in career longevity--even if Ms. Allen never becomes a savior of EMI.

http://www.esquire.com/women/women-we-love/katy-perry-pics-0409?click=pp

No comments:

Post a Comment