Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Completion of the Tough Love trilogy.

Final round of excerpts:
i have some suggestions.. and i am willing to give ideas to you for help..but you have to stop trying to convince me to follow your belief structure when it comes to other artists.. especially artists that i have a strong history with and respect for. I am not interested in hearing your opinion of my friends and how rotten they are for treating you so badly.(especially when i do not believe that to be the actual case).. i am more interested in hearing your opinion of you...your opinion of others is clear, okay .. i get it.. can we move on now?

am honest here Terry.. my respect for you has ONLY to do with your previous support, and your obvious regard for my opinion.. my respect for your work as a poet or a spoken word artist has not happened yet.. and you really will need to prove yourself to me for that to happen. I will not accept the "well i have been doing it for a long time" approach.. that does not cut it with me.. there are many many bad poets out there. many many more bad ones than good ones.. standing out and being heard takes power.. power takes discipline.. discipline takes work.. work takes time.. time takes life.. life is full of sacrifice.. My time is has value.. my girlfriend is actually mad at me for spending so much time on YOU this weekend.. so i have sacrificed time with her and caused ripples in my relationship in order to simply try to speak some honest sense to you.. i hope you appreciate it... Are you willing to make sacrifices to get what you want? if not, then you may as well quit.




so.. again.. i offer my consultation and am willing to TRY to help give you suggestions that might give you the ability to reach for your desires of achievement and what you want as success in this silly "scene" ... but i need to have you understand that i will not tolerate close minded angry finger pointing.. he said / she said is a waste of creative time.. on this planet we are here to GO.. do you want to GO.. or do you want to stay..?

No comments:

Post a Comment