Sunday, June 28, 2009

Post-LITTLE RED BOOKS publication reading at Beyond Baroque.

It may seem that I don't have many nice things to say about poets and poetry.

But here's an exception below.

I'll be forever grateful to RD Armstrong for publishing some of my poems as a chapbook called I SAW IT ON TV--plus including three of them in the anthology THE LONG WAY HOME: THE BEST OF THE LITTLE RED BOOKS 1998-2008.

And I was happy to be a part of an evening that included a varied selection of poets (including Long Beach icon Gerald Locklin, Rick Smith, Angela Mankiewicz, Patricia Cherin and Bill Gainer, among others) and poetic styles.

Finally, I'm thankful to have the poems I write (and the way I write them) validated by Raindog. That means a lot.

And a hearfelt thanks to Mr. Armstrong for all he has done/will do for the art and business of poetry in the past, present and future.

If you weren't at Beyond Baroque in Venice last night, you can buy a copy of THE LONG WAY HOME here: http://lummoxpress.com/lrb-best.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment