Sunday, February 7, 2010

Survey: Which classic rock act would you like to see at the 2011 Super Bowl?

Wasn't at home for this year's Super Bowl, but I did get to see a snippet of The Who's stage performance (sounded good to me though Roger Daltrey can't negotiate high notes as in his youth/early middle-age).

With full expectations that the NFL will again opt for veteran rock acts next year, here's a list of artists with 12-minute stadium-rocking potential. Send your votes to the e-mail address above so I can tally them:

A. LED ZEPPELIN
B. VAN HALEN
C. THE EAGLES
D. THE BEACH BOYS
E. THE ROLLING STONES
F. DEF LEPPARD
G. SANTANA
H. ELTON JOHN
I. ROD STEWART
J. ERIC CLAPTON
K. JOHN FOGERTY
L. JOHN MELLENCAMP

2 comments:

  1. Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones or Van Halen would have to be top choices for their macho-strutting potentials. Though I think Yes would put on a truly artistic and aesthetically pleasing show that would win them some late converts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Terry, I knew I knew it, the Rolling Stones already did perform in the 2006 Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete