Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Revised Poem: BEHIND YOUR CURTAIN

 Behind your curtain

 was a paperback copy of MACBETH

 resting on a wooden stool

 and a black cat named Monet

 who, after minutes of contemplation,

 jumped on top of the stool

 how beautiful, I thought

 nothing like this in my hometown 

>

You used to bless me with teenage smiles

then the smiles stopped justlikethat 

and everything I did got on your nerves

so I closed my curtain 

and never again stepped out for encores

>

Over two decades later,

I visited a restored home 

in West Los Angeles

the owner had a living room curtain 

pulled open to reveal a picture window 

displaying a view of a flower garden,

a swimming pool,

and a charming guest house

>

It’s the kind of sight

you would have loved

in the year

when we were both fifteen 







No comments:

Post a Comment