Monday, October 24, 2022

New Poem: THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU

 should I, I ask myself 

 will she think I’m bothering her?

 embracing temptation, I walk towards

 the table she sits at in the university library

 saying hello, she smiles and says hello

 small talk about school and studies

 then I mention how it’s been almost a year

 since we were Saturday acting classmates

 it becomes quiet; neither of us know what to say

 I throw a pebble into the silence

 time for me to resume studying

 take care, have a good rest of your weekend

 she smiles and says you too in a warm voice

 >

 after returning to my table,

 I open my high school English book

 read e.e. cummings poem buffalo bill’s defunct

 as my mind’s eye watches a balloon climb the sky

 before disappearing 

No comments:

Post a Comment